Living Demon

"Living Demon"
by Judeta Silacan

As the dawn breaks,
My heart lies in aches;
My mind dares to bled
In this bed of dread

In a darkly lit room,
I hear a voice from the doom
And a demon from my mind cried
But there's nowhere I can hide

With a tired mechanical heart,
I held on to keep myself from falling apart;
Yet here comes the beast of the night,
That I am in no strength to fight

"Save me," is what I want to say,
But my voice just fades away
"Shatter me,"  is what I want to tell,
But my cries were as lifeless as a death bell

Frozen by the dread in me,
I can only plea
For someone to take
The blade to stop the ache

With a corrected common sense I asked,
If everyone takes off their mask,
And from those predetermined titles be free,
Will they be in glee?

But my demon answered, "they can't be"
Then I realized that they're just like me
Happiness can't outlive
As long as this living demon live.

Comments